Immigrant Visa Information
The visa appointment system is intended for eligible applicants who have not yet been interviewed, or who were not able to meet their original appointment dates or received notification that they must schedule an appointment.
If you meet any of the following conditions, do not schedule an immigrant visa interview appointment:
- You have been interviewed and informed by a consular officer that you are ineligible to receive an immigrant or a K visa.
- You are the principal beneficiary and have failed to reschedule your visa interview appointment within a year from the original appointment date.
- You are the principal beneficiary and have failed to contact or communicate with the Embassy for more than a year from the time you were informed that your case is ready for final processing.
- You are a K2 derivative applicant and have failed to apply for a visa within a year from the time of the principal beneficiary’s visa issuance.
- Your case is not current for processing based on the current cut-off dates. This includes retrogressed cases.
- Your case is still with the National Visa Center (NVC).
- You have not received instructions from the Embassy or NVC that you may schedule an interview.
- Aged-out FTJ children applying for the first time under CSPA.
- FTJ cases (spouse or children) whose principal applicant adjusted status in the U.S.
- If you wish to apply for Returning Resident status.
- If you have a lost or expired Legal Permanent Resident card.
- If you are an SB1 visa applicant without a case number.
If your case falls under any of the above conditions, you may send an email to the Embassy at [email protected] to confirm the status of your visa application.