You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- battery-operated or electronic devices such as digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- large shoulder bags/purses - only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders - you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers
- food items
- sealed envelopes or packages
- cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the Embassy. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted into the Embassy.
NOTE: Please remember that if you arrive at the Embassy with an electronic device other than a cell phone and a key fob, you will be TURNED AWAY. The Embassy CANNOT store bags, backpacks, or tablet/computer equipment.